If you have any questions, please do get in touch at email@example.com.
Who are we?
We are MusicGurus Limited (that’s “we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Music Education Technologies Ltd. Our registered office address is Tileyard Studios, Unit 31, Tileyard Rd, London N7 9AH, UK. Our UK Ltd company number is 08615775.
What information do we hold about you?
Information you submit through our website’s contact form, contacting us via telephone or email
- This will be some or all of the following: your name, email address, phone number, address and MusicGurus account details
- We might also collect information from communications you make through the platform and other information about how you use the app and website.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
How do we use them?
- To track what you’re doing on the site in order to help us improve it and give you a better experience in the future. Please note that cookies don’t store your banking details.
- You can turn cookies off at any time within your web browsers security settings (although this will reduce the quality of your user experience).
- Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
How do we use your information?
- To enable you to use the MusicGurus platform for music lessons, communicate with us and receive relevant communications and notifications from us
- To provide you with more information about the products and services we offer
- To subscribe you to our email newsletter programme – only with your express permission, or if you have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing a product of service that the email newsletter relates to
- Contact you via email relating to your MusicGurus account.
Who do we share it with?
We have never and will never sell your data to 3rd parties. We might share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us, if they need it to do their job. This is only ever on an as-needed basis.
- Any organisation which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to offer those services, including:
- Stripe, our payment processors, who hold details from your rentals with us in order to verify your payment. These may include your name, ID, payment cards and bank accounts.
- Our customer services and messaging platform providers including Zendesk and Sendinblue
- Amazon Web Services and Digital Ocean, our cloud computing and server providers
- Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security service providers
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
- Where necessary, we’ll also share information to comply with regulatory authorities, to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements and to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
What are your rights?
You have a right to:
- Access and update some of your information through your MusicGurus account.
- In some jurisdictions, you may have the right to request copies of personal information which you can’t see through your MusicGurus account
- Ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information which you can’t update yourself through your MusicGurus account.
- Ask us to delete your data. If you request this, please note:
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
- Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us. To do so, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do we store your data?
- We take your privacy seriously. That’s why the information you give us is transmitted using SSL, the secure encryption which websites use to transmit credit card numbers.
How to ask a question or make a complaint
If you have a complaint, please get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help you.